Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 CX Masters Worlds - Louisville, KY. Pre-race musings...

Wow! What an exciting event to be apart of. World Championships, a chance to earn a UCI Rainbow Jersey.

I'm pumped to be at the fittest I've been in my life at 30 years old, to be apart of a historical event, and to be in the running to finish in the top ten ( http://www.crossresults.com/?n=racers&sn=pred).

This race has been the focus of my 2011 season, and things seem to be coming together, except for destroying my bike at Kings Cross Cincinnati. I've got all the indicators of peak fitness thanks to Erik Fagerberg's training plans, including being on the verge of getting sick. My legs feel strong and I'm itching to get out and race, which is why I started this blog - to vent about my bike riding and racing day dreams, and to try and describe and share the experience.

I've got a great team for 2012 with http://www.teamwhayne.org/ Team Whayne, and continued support from www.mainstreebikes.com Tom at Mainstreet Bikes in Shelbyville, KY. I'm looking forward to the hype of this event and hopefully I'll feel like I gave it everything I had when it's over.

This is going to be 45mins of furious, intense, leg burning racing. I'm ready - let's see what happens!

2 comments: